Wednesday, June 27, 2007

172 : 9/29/98 : Carrying the Cross (4th Sorrowful Mystery)

788 ?


This road goes on forever
This road goes to nowhere
heading to oblivion
Carrying the cross
My path is winding down now
Take one last look at my old town, how
strangely everything has gone
First is last and gain is loss
One foot and then the next one
Pretty soon they’ll nail them both down
It isn’t anything surprising
I knew about it from the start
I knew I’d carry this cross up this hill
I knew it would come to an act of will
the falling and the rising
the beating of my heart
I couldn’t be more weary
confused and beaten, bleary-
eyed and feverish
I see a multitude carrying their crosses
In times to come well shouldn’t it end here
Why does everything seem far that should be near?
Shouldn’t they all just get their wish
Can death end this never ending process?

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: