Monday, June 18, 2007

169 : 9/26/98 : It’s Not Right (1st Sorrowful Mystery)

778 ?


It’s not right that they’re all sleeping
It’s not right it is not kind
It’s not right I can’t refuse this cup
This cup that is not mine

It’s not right I can’t be comforted
I shouldn’t be sweating blood
It’s not right I’m kneeling here alone
and praying to you in the mud

Lord if I’m ever running things
the way your scriptures seem to say
I can’t believe I’d run things like this
there must be a better way

Well not my will but your will
Nothing changes in that deal
It’s You that calls the shots down here
It’s You who turns the great wheel

I want this cup taken away
I wonder if that’s wrong
That what you’ve set seems wrong to me
That this what I waited for so long

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: