Monday, May 05, 2008

289 : 1/24/99 : Cul de Sac

What’ll you do when you come upon it
what’ll you do when the wall’s at your back
what’ll you do when the options have closed
and you’re right up against the cul de sac?
What would you pay then for just an hour
of easy freedom from want and need
You would give anything you ever had
Now instead you’ll give until you bleed
Is it the case that there must be an end to all things
Isn’t it stranger stranger than it seems
Can it be that nothing that is is ever lost
Could it be that this is all just mirrors and dreams
I came a long way but I fear I lack the proper grit
I’ve tried to be a man but I am just another drone
frozen by the magnitude of what is broken
Fooled into endlessly rolling the stone
Turn turn around turn turn around
Whatever can be entered can be left
Whatever can be bound can be opened
Stretch a tiny bridge across the cleft

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: