Friday, May 09, 2008

293 : 1/28/99 : Epistemological Evidence

Epistemological evidence points to a first cause
But a tendency for mysticism persists
In the psyche of the human race, to transcendence our minds are drawn
due to consideration of the questions that are intractable

Hah, hah

And the image of what we have wrought is enough to give me pause
And in my mind some spark of strange attractions resists
The illusion; in the magician’s cabinet the beautiful lady is sawn
In two. Our logic’s a fine scalpel but the blade is not retractable

Ta da

And it doesn’t matter anywhere you go is the same
I’ll get by with my cross and my secret name
You’re always looking for somebody to blame
Might as well pin it on me it’s the secret of my fame

Blah blah

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: