Thursday, May 15, 2008

297 : 2/1/99 : Get on Track

Everybody’s down with what’s going on
Everybody’s on the short con
Singin’ the same song
Gotta get this gotta get that
Gotta be the heppest cat
Always up at bat
All runnin’ all the writing on the wall
This society of ignorance avarice and thrall
That’s All
They got me chasing around with the rest of them
Me who used to run with the best of them
I am put to the test by Them
They who run with their fingers on the scale
Steal a nickel from every dime bag sale
My sins pale
In comparison to theirs
As they manage their affairs
In gray suits and tall backed chairs
Everybody headin’ one way Jack
But me I’m just lookin’ for the way back
Get on track
Set my wheel on the one way
Read scripture and pray
Live in the one day

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: