Sunday, September 27, 2009

465 : 7/19/99 : Big Bell

The crimson flames have risen again
over our ruling houses
and the children pay the wages of the fathers’ sins
and the curve of history is always Gauss’
The big bell tolls for me for you
it covers everyone it overshadows
our individuality and paints us all one hue
I cannot cover that with rhymes and bad prose
Do you hear the big bell ringing
Sweeping us into the next big arc
the big waves rising to scrape the ones left clinging
to the side of this unsteady vessel, feed us to the sharks
And if I had a mighty army and a team of engineers
we might straighten this out somehow
but I’m just a little no one drowning in my little fears
And I got nothin’ at all to hold onto now
And if I had twelve score disciples
And a mighty broadcasters
I couldn’t change that down here hype sells
thus the Big Bell makes it masters

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: