Tuesday, September 29, 2009

474 : 7/28/99 : Passage to Bangkok

As the miles slip away
She may find cause to stay
the fear was just an illusion
I’ll stay here at home
I trust my friends to leave and roam
and somewhere in between the mystic fusion
my crazy homebody ways
and their wandering foreign days
swinging out along a line of attenuated talk
the years pass slow and fast
they seem to orbit round me as years fly past
wake goodbye and go, a Passage to Bangkok
I can’t imagine what I haven’t go
used to think I was a wanderer but I’m not
I’m happy where I am strange as it seems
I’m glad my friends take flight and leave
I write them fond farewells on my record sleeve
and trust that they will
fill their half of the dream

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: