Monday, September 28, 2009

471 : 7/25/99 : More on the Revolution

I think my revolution dream will never come
Some bandit always lies in wait
To take the reins of the world with a gun
And I’m not going to fool anyone
with my patter and collection plate
Trying to raise a stake for the revolution
Must people just want to fine tune
They want the world they’ve got with better air
A bigger house more cash a built in bar
The revolution was devoured with a silver
spoon
And even the rich idiots are not to blame
we’re all in this together and we all bear fault
They’ve no more choice than I to play the stupid game
They’re driven just like me always
stake some claim
I guess it’s just the way of our gestalt
Cause all the revolutions just turn out the same

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: