Tuesday, August 03, 2010

846 : 8/3/00 : Weird Worm

There’s a weird worm gnawing at my entrails
between my navel and my pineal gland
It seems to move around from day to day
today it seems to be ensconced in my right hand
the worm is guileless it eats without spite
guess I must have brought it on myself
I’m guessing that the way of purging it
is nothing I’ll just pick up off the shelf
I felt it curled around my ear today
it was listening in on my life
it made me sigh it could be worse I guess
a minor annoyance in a world so rife
with parasites and predators
trying to get a healthy piece of you
an undemanding tenant should not bother me
but dear little weird worm you do
I could expunge it with a cold black draught
or catch it near the surface of my skin
draw it through the membrane with a heated glass
extract it and impale it on a pin

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: