Friday, August 06, 2010

849 : 8/6/00 : Decade

It’s been a long time since I felt like
the kid I was so long back
In the day gone gone forever now
Another decade nearly on the rack
what’d I learn in the first one
I ought to’ve figured it out by now
But when I try to trace back I can’t relate
and it all seems a dream somehow
A little clearer on the second ten
at least the last five of that
even so it’s a long time gone
From when I stepped off that railroad flat
And the last ten years of hard truth
seems too short uncertain too
I can only feel sure of one thing
I spent it searching after you
And since I found my baby yeah
This third pass seems worthwhile
guess I’ll have to face the first year
of the fourth one with a smile

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: