Thursday, August 26, 2010

869 : 8/26/00 : Fifth Principle

Under the thumb of the fifth principle
out of excuses or out of my skull
just trying to find a place where I may rest
but everywhere I go I’m put to the test
This is the wild card that goes anyway
the fifth principle that does not lead or obey
written in water or traced on a stone
it doesn’t appear till it finds us alone
the concept the blueprint the marker the map
and beyond all that a big bucket of sap
and I’ve got a bucket for every tree
and the fifth principle it means nothing to me
but there in the last run I’ll see it arise
and the error of my ways revealed to my eyes
then we shall see what we save what we cull
laboring in the sun of the fifth principle

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: