Friday, April 22, 2011

Interim, last leg: enigma of the Tao Lepton

So much for the Two Track Mind Era, and I'm a little bit surprised to discover that the interim is nearly at its end.

In fact I can see now that I won't be getting through even a third of the final installment of my off-project writings, the lyrics I wrote primarily for the long-defunct Tao Lepton, a...

Well, what was the Tao Lepton? I'm at odds with myself, to be honest, over how much I want to try to explain it. A collaboration, a band, a series of recordings, a years-long attenuated jam session. At times an aspiration. It seems long ago and far away to me now. It meant something, at the time, but I have found it difficult to fit what that might have been into my here and now. If you come over some time I'll play you a tape, you can hear for yourself. Anyway you'll get a taste of the lyrics for the next week and a half before we return to our usual schedule of a song of the day, every day.

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: