Friday, September 03, 2010

877 : 9/3/00 : Terms (Faustus 3/25)

There’s always terms and
there’s always a catch
there’s always payments and
it’s always a stretch...
and I’m a dealer with a history
but the terms of this deal are new to me
you say my soul’s the asking price
but here’s a twist so let me ask your advice
if by chance I didn’t believe
in the commodity
should I reconsider my beliefs
or figure that the deal is free
should I put it in a box
and send it U.S. Mail
do you have a contract or a bill of sale
there’s always terms and
the offer’s not what it appears
but if it’s true I have a soul
I haven’t used the thing for years
so show me the papers
show me the line
show me the goods and show me where to sign

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: