Thursday, September 16, 2010

890 : 9/16/00 : New Tricks (Faustus 16/25)

The devil is trying to turn my page
I signed my soul away for wisdom and age
I bought myself time to pursue a hack
and I thought I could buy the whole thing back
but this hole is deeper than I thought
and I can’t figure what I really bought
I’ll keep trying solutions till something clicks
but I think I’m gonna hafta learn some new tricks
I studied language I studied verse
I studied for better and for worse
I studied the nature of the unexamined life
truth was my torment study my wife
So I found an answer or what looks like one
But it seems to preclude a walk in the sun
there’s only one direction on this road I flog
I guess it’s just how tricks are for this old dog

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: