Wednesday, September 08, 2010

882 : 9/8/00 : Desire (Faustus 8/25)

I’m feelin’ the root of all evil...
(What did I wish and what did I desire?...
what did I wish and what did I desire?...)
I’m... feeling confusion in my mind
confess the bizness drove me blind
I left some key or code behind
some strange twist back on the road’s unwind
What did I wish? What did I desire
a fast way past the perilous fire
that rises as a barrier to all who aspire
to turn aside the reign of this dark empire
and gagging on the taste of evil’s root
I wonder if I’ve been none too astute
I saw the devil in a three piece suit
Church shoes and a fat diamond ring to boot
Where’s my title where’s my contract
Where is it written down to which wall I’m backed
and the way I let the odds get stacked
by my heart’s desire and a salesman act

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: