Thursday, September 09, 2010

883 : 9/9/00 : Cash (Faustus 9/25)

Platinum, diamonds, on seven fingers
diamond fob watch - glasses for the opera singers
titanium frames - designer - Italiano -
Jap switchblade and knucks for the mano a mano
black pearl cufflinks platinum studs
quartz pipe stuffed with hydro buds
eelskin wallet stuffed with cards and cash
foil wrapped bricks of turkish hash
German lighter cutter and case
Cuban cigars everything in its place
Egyptian cotton an eelskin belt
pants look like poplin and feel like felt
cell and pager digital attaché
and a plain black case to carry the booty away
and also inside the requisite gun
only one setting and it ain’t stun
caseless ammo through a floating breach
cluster fuck bad luck sponges and bleach
I got to protect my investments
I gotta find a life less bent
cash out while I’m still ahead
before me and the thrill are dead

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: