Monday, October 24, 2011

2.174 : 10/24/05 : Rebel Bear

2,364 : 10 ?


Oh... My people let me tell you a story
The story of Rebel the bear
You know he roamed this town and all around
And people knew him everywhere
And when he came upon anyone
The were never made or scared
For he was a kind and gentle soul
That fine old rebel bear
One day rebel came to town
and found everybody in a state
And when they asked him what was wrong
This tale did they relate
It seems a certain jackrabbit
the name of Flopsy Bindle
Had taken all the townfolks’ money
In a junk bond swindle
So Rebel went to see this hare
at his burrow that night
Flopsy said I’m well within the law
So Rebel ate him in one bite
And the townsfolk said oh Rebel we thought
Your were of a gentle peaceful habit
And Rebel just said hey relax:
It was just some stupid rabbit

What is the song of the day?

1 comment:

scrivener said...

I went through this phase with the pseudo children's songs. I'm pretty sure I haven't done anything like this for a while, so I keep thinking okay, that's it' the last weird children's music style lyric and then another one turns up. Rebel the bear was an actual toy stuffed bear, anyway - by way of context. In the context of current events it looks like we could use a little Rebel Bear-style justice right about now.