Friday, January 04, 2008

221 : 11/17/98 : Climb

That’s not the way to make it
You can’t sit back and take it
They’ll do it to you if you let them
What things you need go out and get them
What you need to do you must do it
Takes more than good intentions to get through it
You just gotta climb, motherfucker
You’ll reach your peak in time motherfucker
And then you’ll be the big man
You’ll have the fanciest keel on your catamaran
Will you be extra happy then
Find a new hill to climb start all over again
We’re a funny part of nature
Don’t quite fit the nomenclature
Crazy creatures crazy for strange delights
Honor and glory and the name up in lights
I’ll kick back and watch you heathens claw
I’m ready with my hammer and my saw
I’ll build my boat while you labor
I’ll beat a different rhythm on my tabor
No more climbing for this boy
No more will the bastards vex and annoy
No more to let it get to my head
I’ve got my boat I’ve got my daily bread
I’ve got a plan I’ve got a mission
I’ve got a paper that explains my position
Tacked up on my wall
I’ve got it made, I’ve got it all

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: