Sunday, January 06, 2008

222 : 11/18/98 : Form & Function

Form follows function
Let’s see what kind of shape I’m in
If I’m so smart why ain’t I rich
I seem to have acquired a toxic spin
As of this writing the chips are down
As of this writing I’m contemplating driving
Over the river and through the woods
Find some other method of arriving
At a conclusion that doesn’t seem forgone
Stack it up any way you like
Ain’t nothing like a rhymed couplet
When your genius goes on strike
demanding better digs and better pay
better drugs better sleep and a firm objective
An artist can’t be expected to work under these conditions
Check the Geneva Convention and the prime directive
check the bible and check the law
check with my mother she’s sure to agree
that I’m doing the best I can
My mom she always sides with me
What I can’t swallow the wurm digests
Its form and function are perfectly aligned
It has its task it has its no it has its yes
It knows the work it’s been assigned

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: