Sunday, January 20, 2008

232 : 11/28/98 : I Can’t Wait

I can’t save the world because I’m stupid weak and small
I can’t save myself because I do not know myself at all
I can’t save money because I can’t make enough
I can’t save this song from being sloppy short and rough
There’s no pleasure in writing for writing’s sake
There’s no pleasure in the chances you are forced to take
There’s no pleasure in being right if all is wrong
There’s no pleasure in a short and stupid song
I could take a chance and throw myself at fortune’s feet
I could take a long look at the people I meet
I could take advantage of them for my own gain
I could take pleasure in their pointless pain
I can’t keep at it but I can’t quite stop
I can’t keep my head on the block waiting for the chop
I can’t keep saying the same things over and over
I can’t wait until I’m pushing up clover

233 : 11/29/98 : Thinking About the Last You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: