Thursday, May 19, 2011

2.16 : 5/19/05 : Threads

Pick a thread to follow
pick a thread to pull
watch the thing unravel
fall apart so beautiful
It doesn’t seem like virtue
it doesn’t seem like vice
it just seems like a thing I do
I don’t seem very nice
the thing seems somehow incomplete
somewhere a stitch got dropped
the warp and weft got mixed around
but I just won’t be stopped
I said that I refused to quit
no matter what came next
I said I’d push this seed along
no matter how perplexed
I’m satisfied to leave it there
I’m satisfied the thing's begun
I’m sad I haven’t gotten there
I’m sad it’s not more fun
I guess I’ll never know for sure
and never feel complete
I’m guessing even at the top
I’d still shift in my seat
I’ve still got a dozen days
To meet the old deadline
and whether I feel I’ve arrived
I’ll stick to my incline

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: