Sunday, May 29, 2011

2.26 : 5/29/05 : Adrenaline

Adrenaline high smashed through the
membrane between blood and brain
fusing thought and action into
an inexorable inclined plane
Triggered by the main attraction
brought on by the need that came
around the time that evolution
came up with our family name
Throw me into the big empty
whip me ‘round the center hard
Jump out from the dark right at me
deal me the devil card
Never more to hunt for dinner
never more to travel into
somewhere no one’s been not ever
everywhere you go they’ve pinned you
so we build the rides up higher
and we keep the fake blood flowing
through the whole thing up the volume
yet we can’t quite keep from knowing
that the real danger’s always
waiting patient in the wings
and the sad illusions that we
conjure don’t mean anything
we need a shot to keep us steady
I need a shot of adrenaline
to keep me ready for the main attraction
keep me sharp keep the motor clean

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: