Sunday, May 29, 2011

2.25 : 5/28/05 : Spirit

The spirit is silent tonight
I have to invent my own light
I have to present my own tale
the bailiff, the awl and the whale
it’d be better if I was higher
I need a more strong amplifier
I’ll write every verse upside down
I’ll live in my little home town
I’ll make every moment count double
I’ll use seven words to spell trouble
I’ll throw in with gnomes elves and dwarves
The sum of the chi he absorbs
the forest will rattle with life
he’ll pay no attention and move like a knife
that separates marrow and bone
that chops out the vein and leaves muscle alone
free to act but not to think
a farce with all saints but the great kitchen sink
is this what I came back here for
was that you passed out on the floor
no matter the testing ground held
The experiment proved successful as hell

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: