Friday, May 27, 2011

2.24 : 5/27/05 : First Precedent

First precedent of the fifth principle
a package wrapped in celt knot and tulle
A song wrapped up in a pleasant riddle
written for the sackbut, mouth harp and fiddle
An awesome expanse of transcendent verse
I passed from the good to the bad to the worst
maybe I’ll drive a little lower yet
but this is nowhere near as bad as it can get
I’ve set a precedent of deeper intention
don’t claim to be original but give me a mention
as one who faced a lot of false roads down
forsook my paycheck and my golden crown
If I fill the page with successive verse
if I present a case logical taut and terse
but stretch it out into a full bore page
is my attention meant for another age
I’ll fool ‘em all and wrap them up quicker
free from smoke or smoke or beer or liquor
I’ll end it all on a balanced tip
with a thousand options for my final quip

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: