Thursday, September 22, 2011

2.142 : 9/22/05 : Autumn

First day of the saddest season
first hour of the hour past reason’s
sleep of monsters unremembered
it’s a damn fast slide right into December
No big symbol no metaphor
Who could ever say what Autumn is for
Time rocks the cradle of all there is
we stay afloat with a little gee wizz
until the maelstrom catches up
each one has one lurking at the bottom of the cup
The punchline is on the other side
the white hole overflows the override
And autumn I guess reminds me of that
it shouldn’t be sad but it’s a little old hat

What is the song of the day?

2 comments:

PoeL Journal said...

hi bro JMH,,do u writer,,i am writer from Indonesia, Bali..
Thanks before if u would like to comment my blog

scrivener said...

Sadly, PoeL Journal, I cannot comment on your blog because I do not speak Indonesian!