Saturday, December 10, 2011

2.221 : 12/10/05 : Place Holder (First of a Million)

This ain’t the first time plans went astray
Surely not the first of a million
Head’s too full of thoughts they say
If I had a penny I’d be worth a billion
Place holders may mock resolve
Promises made silently all alone
so I write another apology that will not solve
these questions etched as deep as bone
So I write another song in which
I write another line about the song I’m writing
at this point’s the truth’s a bitch
and the outcome is neither surprising nor exciting
the best that can be said I suppose
I did one thing I said I would do
today and even if it’s another one of those
just holding a place well its intent is true

If you would like to support my song of the day, please consider purchasing something from the Shop
What is the song of the day?

No comments: