Thursday, December 08, 2011

2.219 : 12/8/05 : When Will the Truth Set Me Free

When will the truth set me free?
When will the truth set me free?
I’ve been raising up its name a long time you see
And I only ever asked for what was said would come to me

When will we meet face to face?
When and in what kind of place?
I waited such a long time hoping for just a small taste
Though I guess that I’d be waiting here in any case

When will the work be complete?
This good work in me be complete?
I’ve raised my voice so many times I’d rather not repeat
I wish though you would answer while I’m still on my feet

Oh when will I be free?
When will the truth set me free?
It’s lined up there with all the other things they said would be
But nobody gave me a vote -
And this is no democracy

If you would like to support my song of the day, please consider purchasing something from the Shop

What is the song of the day?

No comments: