Sunday, December 11, 2011

2.222 : 12/11/05 : Stone

I stacked my bricks up
stone on stone
I could not finish
or leave it alone
And when a thousand and one
days had died
still I was not
satisfied

I knew one stone could not
remain upon another
I knew that brother
must rise up against brother
I knew the name writ on
my secret stone
I knew the name of the
beast who usurped
the throne

It’s just a dictionary
I said
It’s just a contemplation
of daily bread
I’m just a messenger
so kill me if you must
ashes will stay ashes
and you’ll still eat dust

I don’t look for any
final end
Nobody at all knows
what’s around the bend
but I can feel it
In my bones
Hello to another day
of stacking stones

If you would like to support my song of the day, please consider purchasing something from the Shop

What is the song of the day?

No comments: