Monday, June 01, 2009

417 : 6/1/99 : Hard Sell

1,490 : 17 ?


I’m sick of the hard sell
From men who own it all anyway
From the forest to the city to the bay
They set the clocks they ring the bell
So why’s it so important
To make me decide to do what they want
Why this illusion this stunt
Maybe they can reason it out I sure can’t
Maybe they can’t abide to see the truth in their lies
Constantly spewing from the magic box
Knock back what rolls and stop what rocks
All to pretend the they still got light in their eyes
I’ve had enough of the hard sell
I’m closing my door in their face
I’ll pay to put myself in place
And I won’t ever tell
They held the secret to my escape
I just listened and heard what they said
Then did the opposite thing instead
Look up it’s me the one in the mask and cape

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: