Friday, June 05, 2009

421 : 6/5/99 : Fatigue

On the grim outer rim of fatigue
I keep searching for the answers
Questions that seem so far out of my league
and grow in my mind like cancers
I’ve been searching for such a long time
A search leading to nothing but wall after wall
I’ve searched in reason I’ve searched in rhyme
I’ve run until I had to walk
I’ve walked until I had to crawl
I’m so tired of self-reference
I’m too dull for all this trouble
I’m tired of striving without recompense
For every certainty the uncertainty is double
I’m so tired I could fall right over
and sleep forever like the dead
be absorbed and push up clover
just to be free from what’s in my head
I’m so tired and it’s more than half
of what’s wrong
But the questions are there nonetheless
I got no choice but to write my little song
What it’s good for is anybody’s guess

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: