Saturday, June 27, 2009

438 : 6/22/99 : Grip

1,511 : 0 ?


What is grip what is adhesion
How do I get it how do I keep hold?
With this festering lesion
When my hands are so very cold?
What is this surface tension
That throws me back most every night?
These scenes we pass without mention
These horrors we excise from sight
Who is that stranger in the corner
gripping a black flame in his hand
who is that turning as grey as a mourner
who is that sinking in the sand
I lost my grip on passive resistance
Found myself beaten with a cross
Found myself jailed at the public’s insistence
When I get out I’ll be my own boss
What holds the whole damn thing together
Is the grip tight or is it loose
I might feel light as any feather
I’ll weigh enough at the end
of that noose

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: