Sunday, June 07, 2009

423 : 6/7/99 : The Afterlife

I hope to God there’s another world past this one
I hope to God I hope to God there is
I ponder every point of view but always feel I missed one
I just hope there’s something more than this
I’d like to believe that there’s something for me and you
Past this veil of tears and heartache and bitter strife
Oh God could you bring just bring a sign it might be true
I want so very much to believe in the afterlife
In teevee and in movies the good guys always win
but out here the winners are the ones who make us lose
I’m so tired of waiting for my real life to begin
I’m so tired of waiting in this line I didn’t choose
Whatever’s out there out beyond this crazy game
Whatever happens when our bodies set us free
I just keep hoping it’s not more of the same
But I guess that that what will be will be will be

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: