Saturday, June 27, 2009

441 : 6/25/99 : Naturally

Oh Lord what will become of me
I go along this crazy rut
just doing what comes naturally
It always seems harmless but
I can’t deny my situation gives me pause
And it’s a crazy world that I’m in
Man is mortal feeble ruled by laws
wracked by doubt and soaked in sin
And a natural man stands little chance
In a society of cunning and thieves
of finding beauty or enjoying romance
maybe the smart nature boy just leaves
And finds a bunch of people who believe
like him in a better way
And know what you sew you receive
And help them build the new day
It’s just all got to happen naturally
Like everything always does
I see it coming and it’s plain to see
That there only ever is and never was

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: