Friday, June 19, 2009

435 : 6/19/99 : The Universe

The universe is awfully big and
awfully old and we’re so young and small
And every time I think I know
something I find I don’t know much at all
I find it hard to take you people who
are so sure you’ve got it solved
But are you any worse than guys
like me
Who can’t decide and so won’t get involved
The universe is awfully strange and
spread out awfully thin it seems
And it’s awfully hard to tell just how much
of it’s just a product of our dreams
We dream of order dream of cycles
imagining a permanence we cannot find
our lives are brief and frustrating
This fleeting present moment like the million
we leave behind
I’ve got my patch of ground to roam in
My little stage here in the Big Show
Got no script got no directions
But I play it like you wouldn’t
even know

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: