Sunday, January 04, 2009

355 : 3/31/99 : Rattled

I get rattled every day that goes by
I get scattered by the tyranny of the day to day
So much I’ll never know unless I try
So much to do so much to learn so much to say
This is just a bookmark on a slow sad decline
I don’t want anything but to disappear
I don’t want anything but to throw away what’s mine
I don’t want anything but to get right out of here
This is not a song it’s a complaint box
I’m so sick of all the nothing I’ve got locked inside
I’m so tired of all my keys that fit none of my locks
I’m so sick of having my living taken from my hide
I’m so sick and I don’t know the cure for it
I’m so sick of all you being bad as me or worse
I’m so sick and tired of the same old happy horseshit
If I only had the secret how to lift this curse
Rattle on the bars of this old familiar cage
Rattled and distracted to the point of no return
Rattling off the same lines on this old familiar page
I’ll rattle on and on and watch Rome burn

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: