Tuesday, January 06, 2009

357 : 4/2/99 : Good Friday

I hate the week to week I hate my day to day
I try not to complain too much it’s always been this way
The weekend’s just a bone I’m thrown to distract me from the fact
I think that I’m getting away but Monday I’ll be back
I hate the work week attitude the way it sucks me in
Diverted from my true work waiting for my weekend to begin
And we all rush out Friday night like hounds sniffing for tail
My God the spectacle we’d see if we tore off the veil;
But this one will be different
This time it’s not gonna go the same way
This is the weekend heaven sent
This is my Good Friday
I’d love to live on principles and make a real change
I’d love to live my life exploring everything sublime and strange
Wouldn’t it be something if we all could have that chance
Maybe we would finally pull this culture from its trance
Try for just one moment to imagine what we’d build
If we finally figured out that what we get is what we willed
I guess I must be crazy to pretend I’m so naive
But in the end and in a sense it’s still what I believe
That if we could stop for just a little while
We’d see that everyone had something worthwhile to say
And if we failed at least we would go out in style
On that last mile together on Good Friday

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: