Thursday, January 15, 2009

363 : 4/8/99 : Images

Images that circle up and wheel around me
I remember the time you found me
Standing staring into space
With a baffled look on my face
The wheel spins around and tumbles at you
bursts into flames reminds you of the time that you
drove all night away from that town
drove that river road all the way down
Images from the past or future tense
Living in a world that spares no expense
Our collective vision of the new age
Oh children please its time to turn the next page
The diamond the hanged man and the snake
The cup the sword and the lady of the lake
too many images I see them in my sleep
Who do you pray your soul to keep
I see a skull and crossbones on a vial
A yellow circle with a big smile
And in your monochrome world I hide my many-colored coat
Till the day comes when we all sing as with one throat

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: