Saturday, January 10, 2009

361 : 4/6/99 : Vicious Cycles, Three Visited

At the intersection of Vicious Cycles,
three visited together after two thousand years
talking about the trip they made so long ago
three kings chatting over beers
They recalled the gifts they brought him
The gold the frankincense the myrrh
And laughed to think how they never guess
that the little guy would raise such a crazy stir
Kasper said it never really caught on back East
We stuck with the Buddha, Confucius and Lao-Tzu
Heaven knows that’s a lot of disbelievers
Well that chalice of myrrh was from them too
And Balthazar said don’t I know it
I should have asked him to let my people go
When I handed the frankincense over
I should have asked about the end of the show
Well Melchior said well you know boys
I’m the one who laid out gold
Though I must confess I never
figured out exactly what I’d been sold
But it seems now in the end
It’s just this world and it’s wicked ways
All our sacrifices always
Wind up winding up as passion plays

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: