Thursday, January 08, 2009

359 : 4/4/99 : Antiwar

I guess it’s time I came out full-fledged anti-war
Though it makes me shudder to wonder if we can stop it
I guess we must get off on that feeling we been here before
I guess we have a hard time trying to cop to it
I wonder about entropy how somehow all that energy
That got pumped in so long ago must oscillate its way out
In my mind’s I I see terrible synergy
It all comes to head in a long horrific spout
In a few men’s minds the cold equations
locked in matter spelled out in fire
And a little bit of matter is subjected to our persuasions
And Hiroshima turns into a funeral pyre
I don’t want to be around for the next big one
to come along and swear to end all wars
Cause I think that after that the whole show is done
Oh why does a man become what he deplores

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: