Monday, January 19, 2009

365 : 4/10/99 : Million Dollars

1,356 : 0 ?



I would pay a million dollars
I would take an acid bath
To stop thinking of the future
To stop worrying about my path
I would stop my mouth with plaster
I would close my eyes with glue
Just to be in this one moment
just to know that only this is true
But I don’t have a million dollars
I don’t have the will to fight
I fought Lord oh a long time
I was born to struggle with the dying light
I didn’t ask to be this person
Didn’t ask to bear this cross
I didn’t ask to always have to
see the foul truth underneath the gloss
And I’d pay a million dollars
For those rose tinged glasses that you wear
man I’d just sit in the park
man I’d just sit there and stare

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: