Wednesday, October 14, 2009

494 : 8/17/99 : Grave Self-Doubt

Well we’ve let the cat out of the bag
and the writing’s on the wall
And the truth was grave self-doubt
was troubling us all
We tried to act like we were managing
We tried to act like we’d get through
But those of us who paid attention
Could not dodge the things we knew
And all through our little town
You heard people freaking out
I knew that day we had a
bad case of Grave Self-Doubt
nineteen hundred ninety nine
Just starting to get hot
I thought that it might be the big one
I saw that it was not
So if I cannot hear the big sound
if my ears are stuffed with sand
If I keep my head well-buried
If I’ve nothing in my hand
If I come to you all empty
naked blinded painted gold
will you kindly take me up
Because my ass is in peril of being sold

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: