Thursday, October 15, 2009

498 : 8/21/99 : Crackpots

Castaneda, Allan Watts
I’ve read all the visionary crackpots
Couldn’t get through Nietzsche, tried three times
guess I’ll have to pay for my crimes
everybody has an answer, everybody has an answer
but me
read Suzuki, Thomas Merton
I’ll work it out just keep your shirt on
Adam Smith, also McKenna
Every theory that twitches my antenna
Plato Jesus Descartes Berkley
Does anyone here know how to work me
All the crackpots all the saints
a slow transformation like watching paint
everybody has an answer everybody has
an answer but me
Guess I’ll have to find my own way
Books are nice but it’s not about what words say
We all just try and take our shots
keep looking for the light through
the cracks in the pots
Everybody has an answer, everybody has an
answer but me

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: