Thursday, October 29, 2009

558 : 10/20/99 : If You Love (Flesh and Bones: An Homage 5/101)

If you love you’ll understand
despite my crazy scrawling hand
If you love you’ll see the light
If you don’t love well then goodnight
If you have an open heart
you’ll see that I am not so smart
to hold myself the way I do
to keep myself away from you
In the company of fools
helpless minions placid tools
If they love they’ll see someday
It’s what some try to steal away
What can’t be stolen can’t be bought
or forced by should or must or ought
what can’t be grasped or fastened on
by even virtue’s paragon
If you love be open true
and cast off all the gardyloo
and take this lesson home with you
That if you love you’ll be loved too

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: