Sunday, October 18, 2009

509 : 9/1/99 : Extremophile

When you told me of the dream you had
When you and Dawson were in the hot tub
And he was telling you about how he
Sometimes liked to just stand around in his boat
and think
That’s when I knew
They had destroyed your mind
And I was gonna have to kill you too
Nothing’s ever easy for us is it
everybody goes that extra mile
We must really like it the hard way
You must just be an extremophile
And a thousand tacos will not kill the hunger
and a thousand coca colas
will not wash the taste from my mouth
There’s nothing left but television
nothing left at all from north to south
So I told you of the dream I had
with Mr. T and Cheryl Ladd
And we just laughed about it
Maybe that’s something but I doubt it

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: