Thursday, October 29, 2009

557 : 10/19/99 : Obedience (Flesh and Bones: An Homage 4/101)

Called by anger called by dismay
called to the left side watch me obey
called by anguish called by pain
called to the right side see what you gain
called to obedience and discipline
called to the carpet ready to begin
called to gentleness meek as a lamb
I guess I'm finding out what kind I am
I don't mind the sleeplessness or the hurt
I'm rising to enlightenment just keep on your shirt
obedience is hard for me I'm trying hard to change
Guess that I'll just have to wait and see what you arrange
Call me to sit and learn I'll curl up at your feet
the vinegar is bitter but the lotus flower's sweet
the simple truth is there's a truth you can't write down
if you trace it in the air you get to wear the Buddha gown

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: