Wednesday, October 21, 2009

523 : 9/15/99 : All Is Vanity

It isn’t fair you should expect this of me
given the condition that I’m in
You just had to show me all is vanity
Isn’t it a shame but it’s time to begin
Isn’t it a shame she went and did that to you
Isn’t it a shame we have to go
isn’t it a shame we got our hopes up
Isn’t it a shame we didn’t know
27 years was not enough for you
so you pile another on the heap
don’t think any phoenix is gonna rise outta that
inferno of the things I couldn’t keep
All in all it’s all just vanity
knowing doesn’t make it any better
There’s no use in thinking of the possibilities
if she wants to go you have to let her
there is nothing in this world to hold on to
nothing’s waiting for your grasping hand
nothing in this world is gonna change things
baby that’s a vanity I cannot stand

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: