Wednesday, January 05, 2011

1,001 : 1/5/01 : My Masterpiece

I won’t stop I can’t desist or cease
Do you wanna come up for a cup?
I’ll let you see my masterpiece
I’ve got it under lock and key, I keep it under my bed
I’ve got it under a bushel basket
it’s all locked up tight inside my head
Someday I’m gonna be rich and famous
a real Picasso of verse
Maybe I’ll get something better than fame
I can’t see much that’s worse
What do you think of it so far
This row I chose to hoe on
What do you think of my Masterpiece
it’s all I have to go on
We’re rolling; nothing’s ever final
things take a life of their own
in bits and bytes and tape and vinyl
It’s time to wrap up the masterpiece
put it back up on the shelf
I don’t know call it what you will
It’s just a thing I tell myself

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: