Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Interim : Journal Songs 3 : Moths

2,078 : 9 ?


Moths dance for light in the window well
Radio sings with a story to tell
Blind men dream about heaven and hell
The deaf man can’t hear the warning bell
Me I just lit my last cigarette
what’s death when life seems a losing bet
wanting whatever I can’t seem to get
Life’s love the stars in their courses set
Just another war, just another defeat
Summer burns off winter’s lust for heat
Try to keep the death in my head discreet
Try not to show that my heart missed a beat
Moths know they’re destined, to light they fly
Living for hope that from here seems a lie
It’s light that they live for, for light they’ll die
Just another mote in God’s knowing eye

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: