Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Interim : Journal Songs 4 : Sometimes On My Mind

I met you in an old notebook
I kept from long ago
I though for sure that I had gotten
rid of you completely
I saw you on TV with some old friends
we both still know
I had to wonder if you were still
tryin’ to defeat me
But then I knew it couldn’t be so
I knew you must forget me
I never got to say goodbye
You know, you’d never let me
I don’t mean to say
I want you back, you know I don’t
I don’t mean to say I’m sorry
I may be, but I won’t
For I have found a truer love
I’ve left you far behind
I guess that all I had to say
Is sometimes you are on my mind
And I won’t hurt you if you wanna talk
you know I’m glad to
I never meant to cause you pain
I just did the things I had to

You can read an explanation of the origin of these lyrics here

No comments: